Tōmaiora - Our mahi
Kaupapa Māori research
Tōmaiora use Kaupapa Māori research, which is led by a Māori world view.
- placing Māori at the centre of the enquiry
- setting out to make a positive difference for Māori
- challenging inequalities and power relationships
- critique of victim-blaming and cultural–deficit explanations
- seeking to use high quality ethnicity data.
Terms of engagement:
- Māori benefit positively from research
- productive for Māori health development
- quality research
- safe processes
- support with strategies that prevent and reduce ill-health
- develop Māori research methodology consistent with the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- foster and contribute to effective health promotion
- eliminate inequalities
- meet highest standards of research
- contribute to the development of environments which support well-being.